Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Please help w/formula

I want to create a formula for an employee schedule to compute the totals hrs
scheduled, multiply total hrs scheduled by rate of pay to get a gross rate of
pay. I can only get it to add up to 24 hrs then it starts over at 1.
Example I am using:
Start:17:00
End: 19:00
Total: =(end-start)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=IF(A3<A2,A3+1-A2,A3-A2)*24*B2

Where A2 is start, A3 is finished, B2 is rate of pay
Format cell to currency or accounting.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dave" wrote:

I want to create a formula for an employee schedule to compute the totals hrs
scheduled, multiply total hrs scheduled by rate of pay to get a gross rate of
pay. I can only get it to add up to 24 hrs then it starts over at 1.
Example I am using:
Start:17:00
End: 19:00
Total: =(end-start)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Dec 18, 12:49*pm, Dave wrote:
I want to create a formula for an employee schedule to compute the totals hrs
scheduled, multiply total hrs scheduled by rate of pay to get a gross rate of
pay. *I can only get it to add up to 24 hrs then it starts over at 1. *
Example I am using:
Start:17:00
End: *19:00 *
Total: =(end-start)

Dave,
I think you need to enter the hours as hr:min:sec format so 5pm is
17:00:00.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try these:

=MOD(end-start,1)

To get the total hours:

=SUM(range)

Format as [h]:mm

The brackets [ ] keep the hours from rolling over and restarting after 24

To calculate gross pay:

=Total_Hours*24*Pay_Rate

--
Biff