Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Saving user defined functions

How do I save a user defined function for later use
--
Lawdog
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Either in your Personal.Macro Workbook(Personal.xls)

Or in an Add-in which you create by opening a new file, inserting a general
module for your UDF's ans saving as File TypeExcel Add-in(*.xla)

I prefer the add-in route since you then don't have the precede the function
name with the workbook name.

i.e. with Personal.xls a UDF must be entered in a cell as

=Personal.xls!UDFName(cellref,args)

With an add-in =UDFName(cellref,args) will suffice.

I also prefer the add-in so's I can share the add-in with others thus
preserving their own Personal.xls

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP