Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default comparing componants of tables

I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's
what I mean,

john smith
bill jones mary Dee
observation 1 observation 2 observation 1
observation 2 observation 1 observation 2
weight 160 155
128 119 120 129
belt size 40 38
29 28 25 26
shoe size 12 11
8 9 8 9

But, I have many columns of these comparative data, and I have many
subjects. I end up cutting and pasting each pair of cells so the
looks like,

shoe sizes observation 1 observation 2
john smith 12 11
bill jones 8 9
mary Dee 8 9

Now I can average, SD, etc. But there has to be a better way. I
tried copy, paste special, and transpose, but that leaves me with the
same problem. Thanks for your help