Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Colors change from '07 to 03 in Excel

I am working in Excel 2007 how come when i send my workbook program to
someone who is working in Excel 2003 the colors that i selected are not
sticking they are totally different colors when the other person opens
my workbook? Example I used a baby blue and they are opening in a teal
color (yuck). I am saving this workbook in Excel 97-2003. What should I
do to have this workbook open in the same color i have choosen?

--
broop
broop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=26

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See if this discussion helps you any:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...e10&sloc=en-us

Also, search in this group, and in the "General Questions" forum here for
"Excel Colors" and you'll probably get similar hints/help.

"broop" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2007 how come when i send my workbook program to
someone who is working in Excel 2003 the colors that i selected are not
sticking they are totally different colors when the other person opens
my workbook? Example I used a baby blue and they are opening in a teal
color (yuck). I am saving this workbook in Excel 97-2003. What should I
do to have this workbook open in the same color i have choosen?

--
broop
broop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=26
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=36986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I read a lot of post that are similar to mine. I created the color that
i wanted and it saved in my workbook; here is where the problem lies
when i send my workbook (I created it in Excel 2007) to a co-worker and
they have excel 2003 the colors that i have on my computer don't
transfer to them they are a totally different color. How can i get my
colors to stay when they open my document is my questions. Can someone
help me please?

--
broop
broop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=26
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=36986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Broop, Microsoft in their wisdom only included 10 of the original
colours on xl2007, you can try this http://tinyurl.com/5klbq4 to create
a 56 colour chart!

You can of course try using the format painter to keep the original
colours (copy/paste special formats).

I think its a case of you have to live with it until your users upgrade
or purchase a copy of xl2003 and do all your design work in that!

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=36986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have tried this and I got it to work.
Office Button
Excel Options
Save
Colors
Enter the custom codes you want to create your color
OK

When i sent the program to someone using excel 2003 my colors were
there when they opened the document.

--
broop
broop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=26