Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default HOW TO SAVE AS DATABASE III A 2007 EXCEL FILE?

I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Dave" wrote in message
I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you

Well, if it's not in the options then you can't. Won't DBase 3 import an
Excel document, or use it as a Data source?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Dave

That was one of the features that was deprecated in XL2007.
If you have a copy of 2003 and can load the file there, you will have the
option to save as a dBase file.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dave" wrote in message
I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you have MS Office Professional, Access 2007 will export to Dbase III.
Just use Access to get the Excel file and export. I'm not sure how it'll
handle formatting. dBase III had a maximum field name of 10 characters,
couldn't contain spaces, etc.

"Dave" wrote:

I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you
Hi there,

just wanted to let you know that I released a new version of the add-
in that enables saving a DBF file in Excel 2007.

New features:

1. Now you can add/insert new fields, create calculated fields in
addition to adding new records or editing existing records in your
native DBF file!

2. If you start with an Excel file the software now have enhanced
capabilities to determine the field types (better than Microsoft's own
in earlier Excel versions).

3. The add-in checks DBase field naming conventions and also
identifies duplicate fields. All problem field names are visually
identified with a cell comment!

4. If you start out with a brand new file and forget to save it, the
add-in will ask before the conversion.

5. Large files are supported. I edited files over 500,000 records with
no problem.

See the post at http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/.

Gyula

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I just tray to save a Excel 2007 excel file as Database 3
Thanks you
try below link.

http://www.dbfview.com/dbf-to-xls.html

all the best