Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default AVERAGE question

In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see
the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In Column D enter:

=AVERAGE(B1:B7)
=AVERAGE(B8:B14)
=AVERAGE(B15:B21)

and continue down as far as you need.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

"Dave Horne" wrote:

In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see
the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Dave,

You need to post a lot more information.

Is it one number a day or several numbers a day?
Is a week 5, 6 or 7 days?
Do the numbers just run down the column or are they separated into blocks?
Where exactly do you require the average to show up?

Also add anything else that you can think of to describe
exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.

Also as to your previous post only you can delete it
there are no moderators here.

Regards
Martin

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see
the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Martin, the entries in column B are daily and singular. I just want to see
a weekly average (in column D) using that information.

Regarding that other post, I post through a news reader can not delete that
post.

Thanks, Dave Horne

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see
the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

With your data in B1 down
put this in D7
=AVERAGE(B1:B7)
Then highlight from D1:D7 (D1:D6 are blank and D7 has the formula)
Click on the fill handle and drag down as far as needed.

As for the other bit about deleting posts, if your newsreader is Outlook
Express, just click on the post and go to MessageCancel Message
there should be something similar in other newsreaders.

HTH
Martin

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to
see the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It's quite possible I'm dense, but what I see now (and in every D cell), is
an average for the last seven days.

Cell D5 diplays =AVERAGE(B5:B11) and cell D6 displays =AVERAGE(B6:B12)
and so on.

What I was hoping to see, six empty D cells and every 7th cell would contain
the previous week's average.

So, I do have the information I need, I just now need to 'pick' the results
of every seven D cells.

Thanks, Dave Horne

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to
see the weekly average of those numbers in column D.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dave you didn't follow the instructions.

D1:D6 are blank
put the formula in D7

Then highlight from D1:D7 ( all seven cells are highlighted)

Then click on the fill handle and drag down as far as you need.

HTH
Martin