Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default formatting specific cell

I have a large document , large in width, and large in height. All of my
cells are formatted for 'wrapped text', but one particular column, column H
will not format like all of the others.

My question, which is probably silly, is: Is there a limit as to how much
text you can create in just one single cell? Do I have too much text in this
one specific cell that it will not format correctly.

It's odd that ALL of my other cells will format, but this one particular
cell will NOT!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

the answer is version dependent:

2003:
Cells can contain 1024 characters in a formula
Cells can contain 32,767 text characters but only the first 1023 will be
visible (unless you use Alt Enter to force line breaks)

2007:
Cells can contain 8192 characters in formulas
Cells can contain 32,767 text characters in cells and all can be seen and
printed without needing to use Alt Enter.