Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do I create a per capita formula in excel

I have poulation number and number of crimes reported. How do i determine
the percentage per capita
Example: 29,774 people in a city, 76 violent crimes reported. What is the
percentage per capita of violent crime in that city
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you have population in A1 and no of crimes in B1

then use this in the cell you want the result

=B1/A1*100

or enter this
=B1/A1 and click on % icon on the toolbar...

" wrote:

I have poulation number and number of crimes reported. How do i determine
the percentage per capita
Example: 29,774 people in a city, 76 violent crimes reported. What is the
percentage per capita of violent crime in that city

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge per capita anything is just the number of
occurances of the thing divided by the total number of people. So in your
case it would be 76/29774. I can find no reference to a calculation of a per
capita percent calculation onless it is the percent change in per capita
something. But it would seem that you would simply format the cell to
Percent notation.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire