Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to setup formula to collect ongoing information

I have setup a questionnaire which will continuously have an answer section
added to it. I am setting up a formula to count the yes and no answers. How
would I set a formula up to count all the ongoing answers? Example would be
=COUNTA(B6:G6) but then I add another two column of answers and need the
formula to now read =COUNTA (B6:I6). Do I need to keep adding a new formula?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
easiest way is using 'dynamic ranges'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic)

HTH

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=30624

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you Pecoflyer but not sure how to set this up because I only want every
other cell to be added (horizontally). The answers are yes and no. So I
need a formula to add every other cell across for yes and every other cell
across for no answers. How would I set that up with the dynamic range.
Really appreciate your help!