Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculation of end date

Hi all,
I am wondering how can I get the end date of project if i have the
starting date, the workdays that it will need, the fact that a week
have 5 working day and a list of holidays?
the problem is that in B:B i have many projects each starting in a
different date, some in 2008 some in 2009, i imported to C:C the
working days now in D:D and i have the hollydays in format "dd-mm"
independent of the year, so now what should i do to get the end day?
including the weekends and if any date from the hollydays, happen to
be after the starting date of the project.
sample data:

Start date Work days
05.21.2008 9
11.05.2008 124
12.28.2008 35
02.07.2009 114

and the hollyday are the form(year - independant)

DD MM
12 1
11 2
3 3
25 4
22 7
1 9
2 11
21 11
31 12

How should i approach such a problem?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Look in Help for the WORKDAY() function. Post again in this same thread if
you have problems.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Totti" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Workday() must do the work but I
Just can not do it,
it went so bad that at some point it ended up giving me dates in
1900 :-)
could anyone please provide more help? like how to use workday() in
this settings?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

All dates should be "real" Excel dates. If you format 05.21.2008 as general,
you should get 39589. If it remains as it was, then it is text, not a date.
You can change the text to dates with

=DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","/"))

Format as date.

Your workdays should be real numbers too, not text. Multiply by 1 to make
them numbers, if necessary.

Your holiday dates should be real Excel dates too, including the correct
year.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Totti" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I finally came up with this solution:
={WORKDAY(A2,B2,(DATE(YEAR(A2),$K$20:$K$28,$J$20:$ J$28)))}
whe
A2 = Starting Date
B2 = Number of working days
$K$20:$K$28 = Array of Months
$J$20:$J$28 = Array od Days

so i tried to make a virtual array generating the date from the year
of the cell, days and months(of holidays) provided by the user and
copied it down through the starting days of the projects.
I am not sure if this is OK, so I need your thougths please.