Rodney

Default 2 questions - DB and number groups

In one cell in the SS, I have a comma delineated group of numbers
eg 23,4,5,36,2
Is it possible to determine that another cells contents resides
within this number set?

eg can somehow determine the number 5 (cell g44) resides in this group?

Thanks

In another worksheet we have, we wish to maintain a number of them
as Flat File Databases, and dump 60,000 records in each.
We have "The dummies guide to excel" and I am sure I read that
if set up as a database the limitations are 256 columns/fields
and 16,000 records. Is this true?
if so, why?

Thank you.

Rodney