Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculate Accrued Leave Time

I need to be able to track accrued leave time, but have no idea how to set up
the formula. Here are the particulars:

Accrual rate = 4.62 hrs. of leave per month, # of months = 12

I occasionally use a few hours in a month.

This year, I began employment in mid-April, so would you be so kind as to
provide 2 different formulas? (1 for a regular year, Jan.- Dec., and another
for this year mid-April - Dec.).

Thanks, in advance, for help!

Margaret

--
MargaretA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It's accurial world!

In A1 enter 4/15/2008
In B1 enter 0

In A2 enter:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and copy down

In B2 enter:
=B1+4.62 and copy down.

You will see:

4/15/2008 0
5/15/2008 4.62
6/15/2008 9.24
7/15/2008 13.86
8/15/2008 18.48
9/15/2008 23.1
10/15/2008 27.72
11/15/2008 32.34
12/15/2008 36.96

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"MargaretA" wrote:

I need to be able to track accrued leave time, but have no idea how to set up
the formula. Here are the particulars:

Accrual rate = 4.62 hrs. of leave per month, # of months = 12

I occasionally use a few hours in a month.

This year, I began employment in mid-April, so would you be so kind as to
provide 2 different formulas? (1 for a regular year, Jan.- Dec., and another
for this year mid-April - Dec.).

Thanks, in advance, for help!

Margaret

--
MargaretA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

MargaretA,
You will need to make sure that the Analylis ToolPak is installed in Excel.
The following will give you the results to the last full month a person
accrues. Make sure Columns "D" & "E" are formatted as "General".
This will work if a person was working on, or after the first of the year.

Header:
A1: Employee
B1: Start Date
C1: End Date
D1: Accured Months
E1: Accured Leave

Entries:
A2: J. Smith
B2: 4/15/08
C2: =today()
D2: =DATEDIF($B2,$C2,"m")
E2: =4.62*$D2&" Hrs"
Drag the formulas in D2 & E2 down their respective Columns

Which would look something like this:
A B C D
1. Employee Start_Date End_Date Acc_Month Acc_Leave
2. J. Smith 4/15/08 10/31/08 6 27.72 Hrs
3. J. Doe 1/1/08 10/31/08 9 41.58
Hrs

Or even simplier put:
A B C D
1. Employee Start_Date End_Date Acc_Leave
2. J. Smith 4/15/08 =today() =4.62*DATEDIF($B2,$C2,"m")&"
Hrs"
3. J. Doe 1/01/08 =today()
=4.62*DATEDIF($B3,$C3,"m")&" Hrs"

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule
<<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate