Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default removing subtotals

Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has
the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet.
How can I remove them.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First, make sure you select the entire range (or whole worksheet) that has the
subtotals.

In face, I'd select all the cells and try removing them once more.

But in xl2003, you can hide those outlining symbols via:
tools|options|view Tab|uncheck Outline Symbols.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

gls858 wrote:
Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has
the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet.
How can I remove them.

gls858

I think I discovered what the problem was. When I looked a little closer
there were a large number of blank lines at the end of the sheet. I
deleted those and the 1,2 columns dissappeared. My guess is that some
how when I removed the subtotals the lines that had the subtotal were
left as blank rows. Just a guess though.

gls858