Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Consitional Formatin '97

I am trying to format column A to red font when anything is entered in any
column in that row. Conditional formating works for the first column
adjacent to cell "A" but not the rest of the row. How do I get around this?
I am using the 'select window' and draging across the row and I do get the
range I want - ie; $B$6:$Q$6
but the conditional formating only works when something is entered in B6 and
seems to have no effect on the remainder of the row. Can anyone help me out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select your range (A6:A99, say).

And with A6 the activecell
Format|conditional formatting