Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Variable data from one spreadsheet sent to new spreadsheet

I need to come up with a spreadsheet showing cost for books with various
number of pages. I have an existing spreadsheet that gives the result for
the any number of pages. The calculations involve various options so it gets
rather complex.

What I need is an additional spread sheet that shows various page numbers
based on the options on the first sheet. Then I want to link this to my
estimate forms created in MS Word.

If I enter a page number as the option on sheet 1, I want the resulting price
to show up in the appropriate column on sheet 2, then I want to enter a
different page number on sheet on and have it show up in the appropriate
column on sheet 2, and have sheet two retain the value it got from the first
selection? Does that make sense?

So, if I enter a page number option of 100 on sheet 1, I want the price to
show up in the "100 Pages" column on sheet 2, and then when I enter 120 as
the page option on sheet 1, I want the "120 Pages" column on sheet 2 to have
the calculated price. I need sheet 2 to retain the 100 page calculation in
the "100 Pages" column.

Finally, I want the result from each page number option to show up on the
estimate form. Is this possible? I think it is, based on what I've
researched in the Help, but before I go down that page, I want to come up
with sheet 2.

Thanks,
vasi