-   -   finding excel files (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/206270-finding-excel-files.html)

Novice in B-ton

finding excel files

When I open my excel folder through Documents , I find only a few of the
excel files I have made. How do I locate the rest and move them into the
excel folder in Documents? Thanks.

JP[_4_]

finding excel files

Assuming you are using Windows here. You can use the Search feature in
Explorer, or Start|Search to look for Excel files.

--JP

On Oct 14, 12:17*pm, Novice in B-ton <Novice in
wrote:
When I open my excel folder through Documents , I find only a few of the
excel files I have made. *How do I locate the rest and move them into the
excel folder in Documents? *Thanks.

gls858

finding excel files

wrote:
When I open my excel folder through Documents , I find only a few of the
excel files I have made. How do I locate the rest and move them into the
excel folder in Documents? Thanks.

To add the the previous comment.
For the search criteria use *.xls if your using Excel 2003 or before or
*.xlsx if you're using Excel 2007. You could use *.xls* to find both.

gls858