Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How can I stop a formula from executing based on a cell value?

I have a worksheet that gets a date from another worksheet and displays it in
a cell.
I want it to only update if another cells value is "Y", If the cells value
is "N", I want it to leave the displayed date the way it is and not update
the date from the other sheet. I have used an "IF A1=Y(formula)" but it
doesn't leave the exsisting date displayed. I don't want to use iterations
either because that would affect the other formulas I think.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you mean that you have a formula that have a date from another sheet and
if the date of the other sheet changes you want the date of the formula cell
only to change if another cell is Y? That won't work given the restrictions
with regards to iterations etc..

Peo Sjoblom

"Ricke" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that gets a date from another worksheet and displays it
in
a cell.
I want it to only update if another cells value is "Y", If the cells
value
is "N", I want it to leave the displayed date the way it is and not update
the date from the other sheet. I have used an "IF A1=Y(formula)" but it
doesn't leave the exsisting date displayed. I don't want to use iterations
either because that would affect the other formulas I think.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That is exactly what I want
The formula I am using in the cell 'C4' that displays the date is:
=IF(B1="N",DATEVALUE('\\SCHEDS\[AvailableHours.xls]Sheet1'!C$2),C4)

This seems to work by setting the iterations to '1' but I don't want to do
it with the iterations. There are many people on the network that use this
and it would depend on them setting thier options. Won't work.