Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I create a Spreadsheet?

I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"MajikMike" wrote in message
I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.

<sigh if you REALLY are that new, then I suggest you go to your local
computer book store and purchase a copy of Excel for Dummies.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"MajikMike" wrote in message
I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.

The way in which you have asked the question suggests you are very new to
spreadsheeting / database management. Don't get me wrong. Everyone has to
start somewhere. To do the job properly and avoid the common pits and traps
requires some knowledge and experience and can take a lot more time than you
may expect. With the best will in the world it may just not be economical
or efficient for you or to start from scratch. I would suggest your
employer should invest in some professional help to either build a skeleton
of a database or help you to do it for yourself. That way, your employer
gets a properly designed spreadsheet / database and you get some experience
which should be useful later.

Please have a look at my information sheet at
1001solutions.co.uk/Designing_a_spreadsheet.pdf for further information.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can get lots of help if you use a template. Go to File then select New...
Click Teamplates on Office Online and search for what you want. Pick the one
that fits what you're doign best.

"MajikMike" wrote:

I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First of all you need an application that will support spreadsheets.

Excel is a good one.

Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:15:01 -0700, MajikMike
wrote:

I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

wrote:

I just want to create a simple spreadsheet. Im organizing a warehouse and I
need to put everything in a location. So I need to put it all on a
spreadsheet.

www.simonsezIT.com
The site provides simplified tutorial on all Ms office applications. Fee is
$12 for 1 month . This is good for beginners.