Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I remove protection from a shared sheet?

I want to take a shared sheet that is protected, make some changes to make it
my own and save to use on my computer. The person that created the original
sheet will not give me the password. Is there any way around this?
--
Jean, SDHC & Heaven Sent Ranch
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Jean,

If the person won't give you the password then you will have to decide if
it's correct for you to remove it another way.

However, If you want to do so you can find out how here.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Mike

"Jean" wrote:

I want to take a shared sheet that is protected, make some changes to make it
my own and save to use on my computer. The person that created the original
sheet will not give me the password. Is there any way around this?
--
Jean, SDHC & Heaven Sent Ranch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Course, another option is to copy the data in the sheet and paste to a new
workbook.

Copy again and paste special, formats to make it look the same. then, do
what you'd like on yoru new workbook...

"Jean" wrote:

I want to take a shared sheet that is protected, make some changes to make it
my own and save to use on my computer. The person that created the original
sheet will not give me the password. Is there any way around this?
--
Jean, SDHC & Heaven Sent Ranch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

By "worksheet" do you mean "workbook"?

Must be......you cannot share a worksheet.

You should be able to select all worksheets by right-click and "select all
sheets"

Then right-click on active sheet tab and "move or copy".

Select "create a copy" to a new book.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP