Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default HOW DO I DEDUCT A %

I am trying to create a price list subject to a discount.

I need the formula in order to issue a nett price list

Regards

Les
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you wanted to deduct a percentage from a price you could use something
similar to the following formula.

Say you have a price of £100 in cell B2 and you want to display this price
minus 20% you would use the formula =B2-(B2/100*20).

This would give you the value after subtracting 20% from the original, in
this case £80. For different %'s just change the 20 figure in the brackets to
whatever percentage you require. By using the cell reference in the forumla
this will automatically change dependant on what value is entered into B2.

"EXCEL DISCOUNT FORMULA" wrote:

I am trying to create a price list subject to a discount.

I need the formula in order to issue a nett price list

Regards

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=A2*(1-discount_percentage)

--
HTH

Bob

"EXCEL DISCOUNT FORMULA" <EXCEL DISCOUNT
wrote in message ...
I am trying to create a price list subject to a discount.

I need the formula in order to issue a nett price list

Regards

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

EXCEL DISCOUNT FORMULA wrote:
I am trying to create a price list subject to a discount.

I need the formula in order to issue a nett price list

Regards

Hi Les,

If DiscountRate is a decimal value (e.g., 30% discount = 0.3),

= Price * (1 - DiscountRate)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Row 1 Price % Disc Disc Amt Disc Price
Row 2 100.00 30.0% 30.00 70.00
Row 3 200.00 30.0% 60.00 140.00

in C2, use "=A2*B2", and in D2, use "=A2-C2"