Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DP DP is offline

Default using another file for vlookup

New user Excel 2003, Windows Professional 2000. I have a file 2900 rows but
just for 100 people - it repeats a name / code every entry. I want to use
this file for a vlookup on another file that just has a name and extract the
code. How do I reduce the 2900 rows to just 100. Hope I explained this
correctly.
tia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

data/filter/advanced filter
check Unique values checkbox
Copy to another location, and speficy a new location on that sheet.
Use the results as your table for looking up values.
HTH