-   -   Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/199411-combine-two-worksheets-into-one-summary-worksheet.html)

Peledon

Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet

I want to combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet so I can create a
pivot table to chart dates along x-axis and numbers y-axis, legends being
Open and Closed. My worksheet 1 consists of 2007 data and my second
worksheet consists of 2008 data. They have same labels.

Max

Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet

Some general thoughts, maybe just combine it via quick manual steps ..

You have 2 identically structured data sheets

Make a copy of the sheet with 2007 data, then in this copy, copy the 2008
data, paste it below the 2007 data

If there's no dates col in the original data to differentiate, then just use
an adjacent col, enter a col header, eg: Year, type 2007 in the 1st data row,
copy down to the last row of 2007 data. Type 2008 in the 1st row of 2008
data, copy down to the last row. Done. You can now pivot on the combined
data.
--
Max
Singapore
"Peledon" wrote:
I want to combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet so I can create a
pivot table to chart dates along x-axis and numbers y-axis, legends being
Open and Closed. My worksheet 1 consists of 2007 data and my second
worksheet consists of 2008 data. They have same labels.

Peledon

Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet

Thanx Max, I could do this but I don't want to do this. Both my worksheets
have macros and I'm not sure if the macros would carry over. Besides which
it isn't really what I want.

I think there is away but using SQL which I'm not familiar with. If someone
could explain how to do it to a new user I be so grateful.

I have tried multi consolidation of pivot tables but it only counts or sums
dates, it doesn't recognise dates as dates if you know what I mean.

Donna

"Peledon" wrote:
I want to combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet so I can create a
pivot table to chart dates along x-axis and numbers y-axis, legends being
Open and Closed. My worksheet 1 consists of 2007 data and my second
worksheet consists of 2008 data. They have same labels.

Max

Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet

Think you could always freeze it in the consol sheet by doing paste special
as values. That way, the full functionality of normal pivots will be availed
to you when you pivot on the combined data. That's about it from me. Maybe
other responders would share their thoughts with you.