Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excessive white space at bottom of form when printing.

I am trying to print an Excel spreadsheet and keep it on a single page. All
margins are set at 0. The print looks good on the top and both sides, but
there is excessive white space at the bottom of the form. I found a setting
when printing that indicated it would print to edge, but this didn't seem to
do anything. Is there any way to get Excel to print more of the 8 1/2 X 11
landscape sheet? Another thing that might have helped would be to somehow
get Excel to allow smaller increments in the cell width (i.e. each cell is
progressively wider going across the page. When I set these up, I used the
drop down to pick the next biggest width for each cell.

Thanks for the help!!

Ken K.
--

akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Have you found the "fit to N by N pages" feature in the Print Dialog?
Zero margins could cause a problem as most printers need something to grab
and this part of the paper is not printable. In the 'good ole' COBOL days,
we talked about 'logical' and 'physical' pages.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"akkrug" wrote in message
I am trying to print an Excel spreadsheet and keep it on a single page.
All
margins are set at 0. The print looks good on the top and both sides, but
there is excessive white space at the bottom of the form. I found a
setting
when printing that indicated it would print to edge, but this didn't seem
do anything. Is there any way to get Excel to print more of the 8 1/2 X 11
landscape sheet? Another thing that might have helped would be to somehow
get Excel to allow smaller increments in the cell width (i.e. each cell is
progressively wider going across the page. When I set these up, I used the
drop down to pick the next biggest width for each cell.

Thanks for the help!!

Ken K.
--

akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I haven't found that setting unless you are talking about the fit to page
setting.

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--