Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default to add a row

i wanted to auto increment the number for the cells for which i have entered
text already
say 1)some text
2) some text
3) -------------
This is possible if i enter in an individual column by dragging it where i
can fill the series wheras for the text already exising in the cell and i
have to prefix nos
can any one tell me whether can i do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Offhand, I would say that you should use a text concatenation function for
the text, prefixing "some text" with a number in a cell.

E.g. =ROW(B9)&" " &B9
where row(cell) returns the row number and the & concatenates and the " "
puts a blank space.

Other possibilities other than the row() function, but this should give you
a start.