Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Using sum on a column I am getting ### instead of a total

Hi when adding up a colum using sum instead of getting the total I am getting
###
I can see the correct answer bottom right as usual but when I try to enter
the total myself it revertts back to ### How do I get round this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi there Markv here

Widen your cells from the top this problem occurs when the cells are too
narrow to display the result.

vladtheimpaler wrote:
Hi when adding up a colum using sum instead of getting the total I am getting
###
I can see the correct answer bottom right as usual but when I try to enter
the total myself it revertts back to ### How do I get round this please?

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"vladtheimpaler" wrote:

Hi when adding up a colum using sum instead of getting the total I am getting
###
I can see the correct answer bottom right as usual but when I try to enter
the total myself it revertts back to ### How do I get round this please?

Thank you unfortunately it didn't quite work . what it did was insert the
last figure to be added!
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"vladtheimpaler" wrote:

Hi when adding up a colum using sum instead of getting the total I am getting
###
I can see the correct answer bottom right as usual but when I try to enter
the total myself it revertts back to ### How do I get round this please?
i closed the file and did not save the changes and then widened the column.EUREKA!!! It worked I was able to type the right figure in. Thanks to all who replied.

Vladtheimpaler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

That symbol normally appears if the column is not wide enough.
try widening your column where the total is.

Matt
Thanks problem now solved!

Vlad