Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Enter Formula without using =

I would like to be able to enter a formula into a cell and have it not
require me to first type the equals sign.

For example, when I type

12+12

I would like for the cell to return

24

and when I edit the cell, it would show

=12+12

(e.g. Excel automatically inserts the = before the formula)

Does anyone know how to do this?