Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formulating Different Start/Finish Dates with Man Hours

I need help with this and hopefully someone can assist! I am working with a
spreadsheet that has different start and finish dates during the fiscal year
(Oct - Sept). There are man hours associated with each person and their
availability. HOW CAN I FORMULATE TO SHOW THE # OF PEOPLE ASSOCIATED &
AVAILABLE AS A RESOURCE WITH EACH UNIQUE TIME PERIOD?????

Example:

Name Start Finish Hrs/Wk 2nd dates hrs/wk
Person A 10/1/07 - 9/30/11 40
Person B 10/1/07 - 8/4/08 40 8/4/09 - 9/30/11 40hrs
Person C 5/30/09 - 9/30/11 40
Person D 2/11/08 - 8/15/09 20 9/10/10 - 9/30/11 20hrs
--
DB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have a couple of ideas about how to do this, but I need a little more
information.

How are you going to define a period of availability? You probably need a
couple of cells to enter the start/end dates for the period of time you need
to find out about.

Must a person be available for the entire period of your 'test' period?
That is if your period is 10/1/08 - 12/31/08, must the person be available
for all of that time, or could he become available on 11/1/08 and then remain
available until at least 12/31/08? Or what about if they're available
11/1/08 - 12/15/08 - do they count? They'd be available for 6 of the 8 week
period?

"DBaddorf" wrote:

I need help with this and hopefully someone can assist! I am working with a
spreadsheet that has different start and finish dates during the fiscal year
(Oct - Sept). There are man hours associated with each person and their
availability. HOW CAN I FORMULATE TO SHOW THE # OF PEOPLE ASSOCIATED &
AVAILABLE AS A RESOURCE WITH EACH UNIQUE TIME PERIOD?????

Example:

Name Start Finish Hrs/Wk 2nd dates hrs/wk
Person A 10/1/07 - 9/30/11 40
Person B 10/1/07 - 8/4/08 40 8/4/09 - 9/30/11 40hrs
Person C 5/30/09 - 9/30/11 40
Person D 2/11/08 - 8/15/09 20 9/10/10 - 9/30/11 20hrs
--
DB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for responding. To answer you questions:

How are you going to define a period of availability? You probably need a

couple of cells to enter the start/end dates for the period of time you need
to find out about. - Different cells for start and finish

Must a person be available for the entire period of your 'test' period?

That is if your period is 10/1/08 - 12/31/08, must the person be available
for all of that time, or could he become available on 11/1/08 and then remain
available until at least 12/31/08? Or what about if they're available
11/1/08 - 12/15/08 - do they count? They'd be available for 6 of the 8 week
period? The person(s) are available for the alloted time that they are going
to be a resource. I.e. - some are available for the entire project and some
are only available for their specific time frames. Yes; they would count
during the times they are on the project.

*** is there anyway possible I could e-mail or speak off-line? I could send
you an example.

THANKS,
Darren
--
DB

"DBaddorf" wrote:

I need help with this and hopefully someone can assist! I am working with a
spreadsheet that has different start and finish dates during the fiscal year
(Oct - Sept). There are man hours associated with each person and their
availability. HOW CAN I FORMULATE TO SHOW THE # OF PEOPLE ASSOCIATED &
AVAILABLE AS A RESOURCE WITH EACH UNIQUE TIME PERIOD?????

Example:

Name Start Finish Hrs/Wk 2nd dates hrs/wk
Person A 10/1/07 - 9/30/11 40
Person B 10/1/07 - 8/4/08 40 8/4/09 - 9/30/11 40hrs
Person C 5/30/09 - 9/30/11 40
Person D 2/11/08 - 8/15/09 20 9/10/10 - 9/30/11 20hrs
--
DB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I tried sending an email to the adress provided but the address was not
recognizable. My addess ia ---- I am in a time crunch
to come up with something and need help. Thanks for responding and hopefully
we can come up with something.
--
DB