Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need help

Let me start off by saying that I have been using Excel for several years,
but self taught. I have come across a new challenge that I just can't figure
out. I am attempting to create a formula that will automatically change the
color of a specific cell if another specific cell has ANY TEXT entered into
it.

Here's my example
A1 has a specific goal
B1 has date that the goal is set
C1 will be used to enter date goal is complete

I want to start A1 out as rose colored, but change A1 only to change to
light green if any date is entered into C1, specifying that the goal has been
met.

Is this even possible? Hope someone can help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
Set the default format of A1 to red.
Then try this in the conditional format of A1:
=C1<""
Set format to light green.
Regards - Dave.