Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Please help me in formatting

Hi I want to do when todays date meet with eff. till date then the color of
whole row changed.

From To Eff Till Seat Capacity Daily Capacity
AMD CCU 15-Apr 180 180
AMD DEL - 180 180
AMD PNQ - 180 180
BBI BOM - 180 180
BBI CCU - 180 180
BBI DEL - 180 154

Please do the needful,

Thanks with regards in advance,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

I assume that your table is in columns A:E

In an unused cell type:

=Today() (I assme you have this formula in F1)

Format Conditional Formatting Click on the first field and select
"Formula Is" In next field type "=$F$1=$C2"

Click "Format" to select the format desired.

Now use the Format Painter to apply the conditional formatting to the
desired range.

Regards,
Per

"Dinesh" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi I want to do when todays date meet with eff. till date then the color
of
whole row changed.

From To Eff Till Seat Capacity Daily Capacity
AMD CCU 15-Apr 180 180
AMD DEL - 180 180
AMD PNQ - 180 180
BBI BOM - 180 180
BBI CCU - 180 180
BBI DEL - 180 154

Please do the needful,

Thanks with regards in advance,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Dinesh,

Here is a beginning.
With your data in A1 to Ewhatever
Select all of your data
Then set Conditional Formatting with Formula is:
=$C2=TODAY()

This will highlight the entire row when you put a date
in column C that is greater than or equal to today.

This will only work if column C is blank and
doesn't contain the - in your example.

If this doesn't help you please post with more detail
particularly what is in the Eff. Till column.

HTH
Martin

"Dinesh" wrote in message
Hi I want to do when todays date meet with eff. till date then the color
of
whole row changed.

From To Eff Till Seat Capacity Daily Capacity
AMD CCU 15-Apr 180 180
AMD DEL - 180 180
AMD PNQ - 180 180
BBI BOM - 180 180
BBI CCU - 180 180
BBI DEL - 180 154

Please do the needful,

Thanks with regards in advance,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

For anyone who is still interested in this thread we solved
Dinesh's problem via email with a conditional format with Formula is:
=AND(NOT(ISBLANK($H2)),TODAY()=$H2)

Here is a link to the file with the formatting in place.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1507671

Regards
Martin

"Dinesh" wrote in message
Hi dear i dont have access to open other website

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Dinesh,

Upload a sample file at this site and then post the link
to your file back here. That way everyone can see
your problem.
http://www.savefile.com/

HTH
Martin

"Dinesh" wrote in message

Actually i mot getting ur solution please provide me ur mail id i will
send
u the sample data or u can mark me a mail on

"Dinesh" wrote in message
Hi I want to do when todays date meet with eff. till date then the
color
of
whole row changed.

From To Eff Till Seat Capacity Daily Capacity