Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I?

Hi all

I want to collect figures from several worksheets and display them in set
boxes on another worksheet that will act as a template.

I have a sheet with say 50 people on each on their own line. In several
colums their are amounts. I want to move a specific amount to a set static
cell in a completely different worksheet.?

In this new worksheet I want to bering in figures from other worksheets for
each employee (to be done one at a time)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Steven --

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but to bring a value from one
worksheet to another, here's how. Let's say you want a value (number or
text) to update automatically from A1 in Sheet 1 to B2 in Sheet 2.

In the 'target' cell -- Sheet2!B2, type:

='Sheet1'!A1

HTH

"Steven" wrote:

Hi all

I want to collect figures from several worksheets and display them in set
boxes on another worksheet that will act as a template.

I have a sheet with say 50 people on each on their own line. In several
colums their are amounts. I want to move a specific amount to a set static
cell in a completely different worksheet.?

In this new worksheet I want to bering in figures from other worksheets for
each employee (to be done one at a time)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have a few sheets with data in columns.

I want to bring that data into a new worksheet which has specific fields for
the data to go into.

I need to do this repetitive procedure for lots of employees (each one has a
seperate employee number) I thouhg tif I could get it set up to bring in
data from cells in the master sheets I could then just change the employee
number lookup reference and then it would bring in all the data for that
employee.

Sheet A Gross Pay
smith 12.00
jones 234.98
williams 89.27
brown 112.83

Sheet B Tax
smith 14.00
jones 12.00
williams 4.50
brown 4.27

Sheet C NI
smith 2.40
jones 4,56
williams 7.00
brown 3.46

Sheet D

Gross Pay xx
Tax xx
NI xx

I want to have a sheet D for each employee.

You get my jist?

"Steven" wrote:

Hi all

I want to collect figures from several worksheets and display them in set
boxes on another worksheet that will act as a template.

I have a sheet with say 50 people on each on their own line. In several
colums their are amounts. I want to move a specific amount to a set
static
cell in a completely different worksheet.?

In this new worksheet I want to bering in figures from other worksheets
for
each employee (to be done one at a time)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Steven

I think you want to use LOOKUP functions. Excel has good help, but here's a
start. If Sheet A holds gross pay, Sheet B holds tax, then Sheet D would
look like:

A B C
1 Name Pay Tax
2 Smith

Cell B2: =VLOOKUP(A2,'Sheet1'!$A$2:$B$100,2,FALSE)
Cell C2: =VLOOKUP(A2,'Sheet2'!$A$2:$B$100,2,FALSE)

you'd adjust the A2:B100 range to whatever is the employee list.

HTH