Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default INDEX FUNCTION

Can anyone help with the INDEX Function? I want to post a file to
freefilehosting.com so others can view the file. Could someone tell me how
to post the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'd start at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html

And maybe...

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup() and =index(match()) he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In addition to the links that Dave provided, you might also look at
http://www.jlathamsite.com/Teach/Exc...ndexLesson.pdf
with associated workbook
http://www.jlathamsite.com/Teach/Exc...ndexLesson.xls

"Gulfman100" wrote:

Can anyone help with the INDEX Function? I want to post a file to
freefilehosting.com so others can view the file. Could someone tell me how
to post the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It looks like freefilehosting.com is primarily for storing your own files,
not for sharing with others.

I suggest a search based on phrase like
upload files for free
There are some with names familiar to me such as:
YouSendIt.com which is an email based store and forward.

"Gulfman100" wrote:

Can anyone help with the INDEX Function? I want to post a file to
freefilehosting.com so others can view the file. Could someone tell me how
to post the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

.. I want to post a file to freefilehosting.com so others can view the file.
Could someone tell me how to post the file?

What happened?? You have done it before in one of your earlier postings
(ref: your earlier reply below to my suggestion)
----------
Great idea! I have posted the question again with a link to
freefilehosting.net.
Thanks

"Max" wrote:

.. If anyone can help I will send the file
so you could see what I am workin on.

Rather than taking it offline, you could keep discussions online,
which benefits all, rather than just one.

You could upload your sample* using a free filehost
and post a **link** to it here
*desensitized as appropriate

Eg, you could use this free filehost:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/

Copy the direct link which is generated after you upload your sample,
then paste the link into your reply here

------------------

The thing is *not* to abuse the upload-n-post-link facility. Use it sparingly.
You should always make an effort to describe your query/issue in plain text
For eg, your single line below is just too ba
Can anyone help with the INDEX Function?

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Gulfman100" wrote:
Can anyone help with the INDEX Function? I want to post a file to
freefilehosting.com so others can view the file. Could someone tell me how
to post the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

It looks like freefilehosting.com is primarily for storing your own files,
not for sharing with others.

Not really, Jerry. I'm been using the site for some time for the sharing
purposes. One can easily upload sample files, then copy n paste the "direct"
links to these, in responses to OPs.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks, Max. I'm not familiar with the site and it just looked that way to
me from things on their home page. As you note later on: if file was
uploaded and made available once, should be able to do it again -- unless the
interface at the site is not all that intuitive. Guess that's one of the
advantages I have by having my own web site - FTP to upload, provide link for
others to download from.