Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Row Deletion Question

I have a file with over 3 thousand line items. What I am trying to do is
delete an entire row based off an entry in column L. Example

Location Customer number
CA 23432
OR 13245
TX 45321
FL 43215

I want to search for 13245 & 45321 and delete those rows.

Or better yet would be to identify those I want to keep, 23432 and 43215,
and delete all other rows.

In this example the location column,as well as other entries in the file,
means nothing it was listed here because I felt two rows would show my
example better.

Thank you
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select A1
DataAutofilterCustom filter on column Customer number: not equal 23432
and not equal 43215

EditJump(Ctrl+G)Advanced...(bottom left button in the dialog box)Current
area
Leave the selection unchanged
EditJump(Ctrl+G)Advanced...(bottom left button in the dialog box)Visible
cells only

Right click on the selected rangeDelete row

Warning! Unfortunately it'll delete also the header row, therefore save it
in a separate sheet in order to copy it back when finished!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Joe€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a file with over 3 thousand line items. What I am trying to do is
delete an entire row based off an entry in column L. Example

Location Customer number
CA 23432
OR 13245
TX 45321
FL 43215

I want to search for 13245 & 45321 and delete those rows.

Or better yet would be to identify those I want to keep, 23432 and 43215,
and delete all other rows.

In this example the location column,as well as other entries in the file,
means nothing it was listed here because I felt two rows would show my
example better.

Thank you
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Stefi,
Not sure where I have gone wrong but this is the third time I have tried
to say thank you for your suggestion. However, even though I only identified
two samples in my original post I need to be able to identify multiple
customer ID to get rid of. I need to search for a certain ID the select and
delete that entire row. The method you posted appears to be for only two
selection and as I said I need multiple choice to search, identify, and then
delete if the customer ID is present in the sheet. Thank you again.

Joe