Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Macros within Excel

Is it possible to do a macro to update information between the following
situation.
1 - Journal Spreadsheet - same every week - needs to be updated in cells J2,
J5, J8, etc. - every 3rd cell with information from spreadsheet 2.
2 - Payroll Spreadsheet - different every week - information in column H -
cells H13, H14, H15 update cells in spreadsheet 1 - i.e. H13 to J2, H14 to
J5, H15 to J8, etc.

When the new payroll spreadsheet (spreadsheet 3) comes into play, it has a
different name because of the date i.e. Payroll 2-15-08 - my macro only works
from Spreadsheet 1 to Spreadsheet 2 - when Spreadsheet 3 comes into play - is
there a way to do a macro to use this new information to go into Spreadsheet
1 - the Journal? Can this be done when it has a new name (different date)?

I know about the + and = signs to update/change information from one
spreadsheet to another - that is how I wrote my first macro. The cells we
need to use for the upated information are in the same location every week.
Spreadsheet 3 creates the problem....

Or is there a better way? Thanks for any input!
--
Coni