Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Help with a multi if then else formula.

I have the following scenario for which I would require one formula which
would be in cell E25:-

A numerical weight amount is input in cell A25.

If the weight is between greater than 1 and less than 41 KG, the user will
manually select a particular price, and therefore €śNormal Price€ť to appear in
B25 and €ś1€ť to appear in B26. A formula should be inserted in B27 which is
B25*B26.

If the weight entered is greater than 40 and less then 101 KG, the user will
manually select an additional pricing and therefore €ś41 - 100 Price€ť to
appear in C25, €śNormal Price€ť to appear in B25, B26 to contain €ś1€ť and the
result of the weight entered in A25 minus 40 to appear in C26. A formula
should be inserted in B27 which is B25*B26. Formula in C27 which is C25*C26.

If the weight enterer is greater than 101 KG, the user will manually select
an additional pricing and therefore €ś100+ Price€ť to appear in D25, €ś41 - 100
Price€ť to appear in C25, €śNormal Price€ť to appear in B25. B26 should be set
to €ś1€ť, C26 to €ś60€ť and D26 to A25-100. A formula should be inserted in B27
which is B25*B26. Formula in C27 which is C25*C26. Formula in D27 which is
D25*D26.

Once the appropriate values have been calculated in rows B26 to D26, the
User will enter numerics in B25 to D25. Lastly a formula in E27 to add
together B27+C27+D27

Examples:-

Weight 1 and < 41 example:-

A25 = 40

B25 = Normal Price
B26 = 1

Weight 40 and < 101 example:-

A25 = 99

C25 = 41 - 100 Price
B25 = Normal Price

C26 = 59
B26 = 1

Weight 101 example:-

A25 = 215

D25 = 100+ Price
C25 = 41 - 100 Price
B25 = Normal Price

D26 = 115
C26 = 60
B26 = 1

Any assistance offered would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One thought to help you along ...

Think you could try something like this to grab the labels (vlookup)
Eg in B25:
=IF(A25="","",VLOOKUP(A25,{1,"Normal Price";41,"41-100 Price";101,"100+
Price"},2))

p/s: To make your post attractive to answer, stick to 1 question per post
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Max,

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to answer the question.

Unfortunately, your solution does not answer my original question and my
Excel expertise is novice.

I may seem that I asked multiple questions, but I am sure that the above can
be achieved by the use of nested If Then Else statements.

I will endeavourer to plod on using manual procedures.

Once again thank you.

"Max" wrote:

One thought to help you along ...

Think you could try something like this to grab the labels (vlookup)
Eg in B25:
=IF(A25="","",VLOOKUP(A25,{1,"Normal Price";41,"41-100 Price";101,"100+
Price"},2))

p/s: To make your post attractive to answer, stick to 1 question per post
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Pank,

I re-looked at your numerical example
Try this set-up, it seems to return what you seek

In B25: =IF(A25<1,"","Normal Price")
In B26: =IF(B25="","",1)

In C25: =IF(A25<41,"","41-100 Price")
In C26: =IF(A25<41,"",IF(A25100,60,A25-40))

In D25: =IF(A25<101,"","100+ Price")
In D26: =IF(A25<101,"",A25-100)

If the above was helpful, take a moment to press the "Yes" button below to
the question: "Was this post helpful to you?" from where you're reading this.
It'll ensure a longer shelf life to this thread for the general benefit of
other readers.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Max,

Once again thank you for your time in assisting me.

What you have provided is perfect.

Regards

"Max" wrote:

Pank,

I re-looked at your numerical example
Try this set-up, it seems to return what you seek

In B25: =IF(A25<1,"","Normal Price")
In B26: =IF(B25="","",1)

In C25: =IF(A25<41,"","41-100 Price")
In C26: =IF(A25<41,"",IF(A25100,60,A25-40))

In D25: =IF(A25<101,"","100+ Price")
In D26: =IF(A25<101,"",A25-100)

If the above was helpful, take a moment to press the "Yes" button below to
the question: "Was this post helpful to you?" from where you're reading this.
It'll ensure a longer shelf life to this thread for the general benefit of
other readers.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Welcome, Pank
Pl press the "Yes" button below (you forgot earlier)