Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I cannot get a column of data to paste into a new workbook

I am simply trying to paste one column of data from one workbook to another
and I keep getting an error message that the copy cannot be pasted because
the copy area and the paste area are not the same size and shape. What am I
doing wrong? I thought this should be a simple function to perform. Can
anyone please help because I am doing a project and am stuck!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Also, if you select an entire column to copy when you select the location to
paste, if you do not select either just the first cell (That is on row 1) of
the column or the entire column then you will get that error.

OssieMac