Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default help please!

The problem is that I need some help in Excel.
Let me explain:
Here is an example:
If we say that a cell like C5=7 and we need A7,
then we could say that it's the same as A(C5).
But Excel don't understand it.Why?Is there any other
way to write it,to understand??
Thanks,I will wait for your response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

try

="A"&C5

Greetings from New Zealand
"bilmars" wrote in message
The problem is that I need some help in Excel.
Let me explain:
Here is an example:
If we say that a cell like C5=7 and we need A7,
then we could say that it's the same as A(C5).
But Excel don't understand it.Why?Is there any other
way to write it,to understand??
Thanks,I will wait for your response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

So you are saying that you want to read cell C5, and that cell has a value of
7. Then, you want to put an Ain front of the 7 and make some other cells
value A7?? If that is what you want then you can use the CONCATENATE
function. Type that into the help section and the explanantion should suffice

"bilmars" wrote:

The problem is that I need some help in Excel.
Let me explain:
Here is an example:
If we say that a cell like C5=7 and we need A7,
then we could say that it's the same as A(C5).
But Excel don't understand it.Why?Is there any other
way to write it,to understand??
Thanks,I will wait for your response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
In addition to Sandy's method, if you want the value that is in cell A7 then
you could also use the non-volatile
=INDEX(A:A,C5)

--
Regards