Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default broken computer...

I bought Microsoft Office Standard 2007 just a few months ago and installed
it on my computer, which then broke. I am buying a new computer, and am
wonderig if I will be able to still install the Office on the new computer?
If not, it would have been a big waste of 150 dollars just to be able to use
the program for 2-3 months at the most...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not a lawyer...

I think that the rules are different for each country.

Did you purchase Office 2007 with the pc? If yes, then your license may not be
transferable. The OEM version is usually tied to the hardware. Are you getting
the replacement pc from the same manufacturer? If yes, then explain the problem
to them. I would think that the replacement pc would have the same
configuration as the broken pc.

If you purchased Office 2007 (from a place like BestBuy or CompUSA), then you
should be able to reregister it on the new pc. But you'll want to take a look
at the End User License Agreement.

I'd start with the EULA that came with the software, then go he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...103171033.aspx

--

Dave Peterson