Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default highlight row/column to track current cell ... and more!

I'm wondering ... is there a way for Excel to highlight the row and column
of the current cell?

This would make it easier to associate the current cell to its row and
column ... which often contain info related to the current cell.

I located the info at this link but these solutions are destructive to the
formatting of the rows/columns ... which is unacceptable ...
http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/26758.html

On widescreen LCD displays with high resolution, its very likely that Excel
users will have many many rows and columns ... and this current cell
tracking/highlighting idea would be very handy.

Frankly, I'm kind of surprised this wasn't already anticipated by Microsoft
.... hmmm.

It could be as simple as using an alternate color to draw the default cell
borders of the row and column of the current cell.

Thoughts anyone??

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How about row only. Put in sheet module

Dim MyRng As Range
Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow
Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo end1
Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With MyRng
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
"=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL(""address"")))"
With .FormatConditions(1).Font
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With

end1:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"prupp" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Non-destructive row/column outlining can be found in Chip Pearson's ROWLINER
add-in.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP