Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Workbook going bad?

Hi Everyone,

Using Excel 2003 at the moment. We have an excel workbook that was probably
started in excel 97 or 2000. It is 36,560kb in size and has 110 worksheets.
The file is our competency check offs. Some of these include pictures which
were not compressed so that increases the file size.

We are beginning to have problems with it. It takes a long time to open up
at times. Different problems occur at different times and on different PCs.
Not sure if this has any relation but....I work for a large hospital and we
have Windows 2003 server, just upgraded our intranet to Sharepoint. One of
the errors that comes up is out of diskspace then the PC freezes and I am
asked to debug something and I finally have to ctrl+alt+del my way out. The
IS network person said it was a system problem. I am not sure he is correct
because if I log on to another PC and open the file it works, so I am
thinking it's PC related but the size of the file worries me too.

Is there a way to split this file or is that an ok file size for a workbook?

Thanks,
Linda