Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Blue Cells

I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a
few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on
those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a
way of stopping these appearing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is quite normal and happens, when you select more then one cell (a
range) all cells within that range, also bordered by a thick line, "turn
blue". This phenomen disappears when you select a single cell.
--
Felix

"ptg23963" wrote:

I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a
few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on
those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a
way of stopping these appearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One other guess. Try pressing F8 once, to toggle off "EXT" mode.
You might have hit F8 accidentally earlier.
--
Max
Singapore
"ptg23963" wrote:
I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a
few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on
those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a
way of stopping these appearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanx Max,

By shutting down and re-opening Excel, it cleared the problem. I will keep
F8 in mind if it happens again