Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Joe Joe is offline

Default how to activate a cell if it contains data

I've created a Pvt Table which contains 6 fixed columns and it will show data
depends on how many columns I wanted to see. In addition, I've created
another set of columns to copy data shown on the pvt table. So here is my
question, is there a way to activate cells with data on the Pvt Table?

Here is an example:
If I wanted to see 4 columns of data on the Pvt Table:
Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Row1 $27 $30 $49 Total

My other Set of columns should appear like this:
Column G Column H Column I Column J Column K
Column L
Row1 $27 $30 $49 Total

I'm trying to insert a function, if a cell contains data, activate that
cell, if it's a blank cell, dont show anything. I've tried =IF(A1="",+A1,0)
but my function does not seem to work and I don't know the command for
deactivate a cell (if there is any)

so help is much appreciated.

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but Conditional Formatting
might be sof some assistance, just format for "Cell value is" and "Not equal
to" and 0 , or something along those lines.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3