Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default calculating dates

What formula do i use???
here is my problem... i have 3 columns
A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i
am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end
date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do
not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can
i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=IF(A1="","",A1+B1+1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"spudpeeps" wrote in message ...
| What formula do i use???
| here is my problem... i have 3 columns
| A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i
| am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end
| date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do
| not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can
| i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Niek's formula references A1, should be B1. If your chart uses all of column
C, you may need to use this formula to prevent blanks from showing up in your
chart.

=IF(B1="",NA(),A1+B1+1)

--
Best Regards,