Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I display the last entry in a list

In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be
done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

This does it for column A

=INDIRECT("A"&SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A65535))*(A1: A65535<""))))

Mike

"ozsteve" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)

for column A
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"ozsteve" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. that does the trick perfectly.

Steve O

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)

for column A
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"ozsteve" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure if understood it I could get this to work,
but Gary's response below works a treat out of the box and suits my needs.

Thanks for your input.

Steve O