Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Custom number format

Im using excel 2007 and format number cells by doing the following:

Right click a range and select 'format cells' - Select 'number' - decimal
places = 0 and 'use 1000 seperator'

Can I not create a shortcut somewhere that I can click to automatically
format the number cells with a specific criteria?

Thanks,
Grant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See if this help

Select the range of Numbers
In the formatting tool bar click on the " , " "comma symbol" which is to the
right of % symbol on the formatting tool bar.

this will give you 2 decimal places. reduce the decimal places by clicking
the .00 decrese decimal button, which is to the right of the % symbol on
formatting tool bar

a long method but may be of help. but you process can be over in 2 to 3
mouse clicks

Claude