Junior Member

Default VLOOKUP returns #N/A

The Data sheet contains a column with numeric values. The lookup table deliberately does not contain all of the values found in the Data sheet. When the formula
=VLOOKUP(I6,Fire,2,FALSE)
is applied the result is #N/A when the value in I6 is not found in "Fire" lookup.
Is there a way to have the result display as a blank cell instead of #N/A when this condition occurrs.

Thanks in anticipation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One way:

=if(isna(VLOOKUP(I6,Fire,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(I6,F ire,2,FALSE))

--
Max
Singapore
"shannon c" wrote in message

The Data sheet contains a column with numeric values. The lookup table
deliberately does not contain all of the values found in the Data
sheet. When the formula
=VLOOKUP(I6,Fire,2,FALSE)
is applied the result is #N/A when the value in I6 is not found in
"Fire" lookup.
Is there a way to have the result display as a blank cell instead of
#N/A when this condition occurrs.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
shannon c

Junior Member

Works like a charm - thanks Max.

I was playing around with the "ISNA" solution but couldn't quite get the sequence right.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

welcome, Shannon