Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default What is appropriate formula?

Hi,

a very inexperienced Excel user needs any help I can get.

I have supplier item data for yr 1 and yr 2. Year 2 has some price
ammendments and some additional items.

What formula can I use to identify any changes in year2 data?

Many thanks in advance

Kev
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You need to provide sufficient details if you want some help. How is
your data laid out? Do you have separate sheets for year1 and year2?
What columns do you use, and what data do you have in them? How many
rows of data do you have? What do you want to end up with ultimately?
etc. etc.

Pete

On Nov 13, 3:59 pm, KevB wrote:
Hi,

a very inexperienced Excel user needs any help I can get.

I have supplier item data for yr 1 and yr 2. Year 2 has some price
ammendments and some additional items.

What formula can I use to identify any changes in year2 data?

Many thanks in advance

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Kev,

Maybe this will help point you in the right direction...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033

Gav.

"KevB" wrote:

Hi,

a very inexperienced Excel user needs any help I can get.

I have supplier item data for yr 1 and yr 2. Year 2 has some price
ammendments and some additional items.

What formula can I use to identify any changes in year2 data?

Many thanks in advance

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Aplogies for being so vague Pete.

data in w1 worksheet laid out as below

A1 B1 C1 D1
Yr 1 Yr2
Supplier Item / Price Supplier Item / Price

Kev