Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula yields State, not Numbers!

Why does my formula =OR(O8<"";H9<"";1;0) display "TRUE" when cell O8 or
H9 is empty? It should yield 0 (Zero).

It also displays and "TRUE" when these cells are not empty; it should yield
1...

--
Felix
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The OR returns a Logical. You must enclose it in an IF.

=IF(OR(O8<"";H9<"");1;0)

The assumes that ; is a valid replacement for ,
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

"Felix" wrote:

Why does my formula =OR(O8<"";H9<"";1;0) display "TRUE" when cell O8 or
H9 is empty? It should yield 0 (Zero).

It also displays and "TRUE" when these cells are not empty; it should yield
1...

--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers