Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Need help making the first letter of Cell capitol

I am making a list of names and need to make the first letter in each cell a
capitol. How do I do this, also I'm a beginner with excel. My computer has
Excel 2003 installed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Single names in the list?

Assuming your list is in A1:A20

In B1 enter =PROPER(A1)

Copy that down to B20 double-clicking on the bottom right corner of B1

When happy, copy B1:B20 and in place, editpaste specialvaluesokesc.

Delete the original column A.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP