Old October 25th 07, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I make a double strike-through?

I need to make two lines through selected words and text in an Excel
worksheet. I know how to make the single strike-through, but is it possible
to make a double?

Old October 25th 07, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Only in Word AFAIK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old October 26th 07, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord / Tafeille:

I'm using Excel 2003-SP2 on XP-Pro.
If I go to "Customize - Commands - Format", there is a selection for a
Double Strikethrough function button - which I actually use.
HTH
SB

Old October 26th 07, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Are you sure about double strikethrough?

I see double underline, but not double strikethrough.

Word 2007 has double strikethrough......
Just thought I'd slip that in.. :-)

Old October 27th 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I also have Excel 2003, XP Pro w/SP2. I went thru the steps suggested and
you're right, it is an Underscore (or Underline), not a Strike-through.
I didn't think it could be done, but thought I'd find out for sure.

Thank you to each of you.
Tafeille
Old January 17th 08, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Tafeille,

What you can do: format the desired text as double strike-through in Word,
and use Paste Special. Paste as either a Microsoft Office Word Document
object or as a Picture.
In both cases you'll have an object that floats over the worksheet cells.
Make sure the cells contain the values you want, position the object over
them, and you're done.

Of course this won't work when the values will change - but perhaps this
suits your needs.

Good luck,

Cooz

Old July 18th 12, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

IT SEEM MS EXCEL 2007 HAS ONLY SINGLE STRIKE THROUGH

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:28 PM Tafeill wrote:

I need to make two lines through selected words and text in an Excel
worksheet. I know how to make the single strike-through, but is it possible
to make a double?

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:28 PM Gord Dibben wrote:

Only in Word AFAIK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Friday, October 26, 2007 12:15 PM Dave Peterson wrote:

Are you sure about double strikethrough?

I see double underline, but not double strikethrough.

slow386 wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2007 12:20 PM Peo Sjoblom wrote:

He must have confused the 2

Peo Sjoblom