Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default splitting cells

In excel 2003 is it possible to split a cell into 3 or 4 cells in one
particular row without it affecting the col setup in the rest of the
worksheet?
Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I want to put:
Vendor Name Cust Name Cust Phone Cust Fax all on one row
For the sake of consistency throughout a large workbook, I wanted to use
cells to keep everything lined up equally.
Thought about using text boxes, and maybe even coding in the Workbook
Name = Vendor Name, Worksheet Name = Customer name - then I would only
have to add the phone and fax on each worksheet. But since the workbook
is already so large, I figured adding textbox controls and coding to
each worksheet to do something that can be done once and will never
change was going to bulk up the workbook and slow things up
un-necessarily.

Gord Dibben wrote:

No.:

What effect would you like achieve.

There may another method like Center Across Selection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 08:54:59 -0500, Joanne wrote:

In excel 2003 is it possible to split a cell into 3 or 4 cells in one
particular row without it affecting the col setup in the rest of the
worksheet?
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It's late so maybe that's why I don't see a problem.

What is preventing you from entering Vendor Name Cust Name Cust Phone Cust
Fax in A1:D1?

It can't be that easy so what else have I missed or you have left out?

Maybe you need VLOOKUP formulas on each sheet?

Gord